Plaxel Plasma Skin Tightening
PLAXEL is a plasma pen system developed to minimize PIH and maximize the lifting effect. The device can be used for eye lifting, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, wound healing, and drug absorption, taking advantage of the plasma arc on the skin. The plasma pen device offers convenience and simple treatment with unparalleled results.
Plaxel is true plasma technology.
You will see that the dots are white instead of red immediately after treatment, because the plasma actually enters the epidermis. It does not burn the surface of the skin. There is no smell of burning skin and no bleeding. We have a great video on our website that shows you how the treatment looks very different. We also have a fine line-erasing ball tip, and a cold plasma tip used to infuse products more deeply into the skin. No one else has this cold plasma technology yet.
The Plaxel plasma pen is ideal for:
- Nonsurgical eyelid tightening / nonsurgical blepharoplasty
- Improving under eye bags and wrinkles
- Skin tightening of the neck and body (arms, knees, stomach)
- Improving turkey neck (sagging, wrinkled skin on the neck)
- Improving expression-based fine lines and wrinkles including smile lines, crow’s feet, smoker’s lines, forehead lines, frown lines & more
How do true plasma pens work?
Plaxel delivers tiny plasma sparks that enter the skin, where they sublimate epidermal skin cells. This means that the cells are turned from solids to gases, leaving behind a dot of carbon. The heating is controlled and uniform because of the nature of plasma, which minimizes skin damage.
This causes instant tightening, as well as stimulation of fibroblasts to begin producing collagen. The thermal plasma increases blood flow to the treatment area, stimulating fibroblasts. In 8-12 weeks, the final tightening results will be visible.
Heat does not pass into the dermal layer, which makes it safe to treat fragile areas like the eyelids.
Plaxel Plasma Skin Tightening FAQs
What will my Plaxel consultation be like?
Your consultation will typically include these steps:
- Your provider will discuss your treatment goals and examine your skin to ensure Plaxel is the ideal procedure, rather than microneedling or a different noninvasive skin tightening treatment.
- You will receive detailed preparation and aftercare instructions.
- Your provider will perform the procedure on a test spot of your skin to ensure you have a healthy reaction.
- We may provide supplements to take prior to treatment, or products to use to help ensure ideal results.
Do I need to take any precautions prior to my procedure?
Your provider will give you detailed instructions for treatment prep and aftercare. Those may include the following:
- Use a microdermabrasion scrub, moisturizer and SPF for two weeks prior to treatment. May also recommend another supplement to aid in healing.
- Avoid skincare products with retinols, AHAs, tretinoin or any type of Vitamin A derivatives two weeks prior and post treatment
- Do not wear contact lenses if treating eye area
- Let your provider know if you have a history of cold sores, as you may need to take your medication at a certain interval before and after treatment
What are the steps of the Plaxel procedure?
- Your provider will talk through each step as they perform it to keep you aware of exactly what they are doing.
- Skin is cleansed and disinfected.
- Your provider will draw a boundary around the treatment area and lift loose skin to ensure the full treatment area is included.
- Topical anesthetic is applied and allowed to soak into the skin, then wiped away once the skin is sufficiently numb.
- One area will be treated at a time so that the other areas can remain numb.
- During treatment, you will likely feel a snapping sensation like a rubber band against your skin. Let your provider know if you are experiencing pain and they will numb your skin further.
- Your skin will not bleed, but will produce white spots that may have tiny black dots in the center. Each spot will be touched quickly and then your provider will keep moving across the skin. The needle will never touch your skin, the plasma will jump from it into the skin.
- There will be an ozone smell from the plasma.
- A healing gel is applied post-treatment to soothe and protect the skin.
What will the recovery period be like? Is there downtime?
Your provider will give you detailed aftercare instructions at your appointment. Those may include the following:
- Initially, the dots from treatment will look mostly invisible and the skin will be smooth and inflamed, and will look like a bad sunburn. Once the carbon crusts rise, the dots will be brownish black and the skin will be bumpy. This will occur within 24-48 hours. The sunburn feeling usually lasts about 24 hours.
- Swelling is common, especially for the eyes which typically swell moderately. Only ice if you have excessive swelling as this can work against the body’s natural inflammatory response which stimulates collagen production.
- The dots will stay on the skin for between 5-7 days. It is crucial that the dots are allowed to heal and fall off on their own, or you risk scarring your skin. Do not apply makeup or anything other than the aftercare products we provide while the dots are still on the skin.
- Avoid the gym for several days to prevent sweating and potential infection. Stay out of the sun, and try to keep the area dry in the shower if possible.
- We will schedule a followup appointment 2 weeks out to ensure skin is healing properly.
We Now Provide Services To Two Central New York Locations and in Black Mountain North Carolina!
107 Wesley Street, Manlius, New York 13104
914 Old Liverpool Rd, Liverpool, NY 13088
Black Mountain, NC
128 Cherry St, Black Mountain, NC 28711
20200 Zion Ave Cornelius, NC 28031